Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Updated with More Pictures at the bottom - Arrival in Santa Fe (Day 1)

Well, after leaving around 5:30AM and making the usual gas and coffee stop, I headed out of the DFW Metroplex around 6AM CT this morning.  Traffic really wasn't bad at all, other than the usual truckers.  Of course it was extremely windy as always once you get West of Amarillo and into the BEAUTIFUL open country!

So with that, I arrived at my hotel in the center of the downtown Old Historic District of Santa Fe and easy walking distance to all the restaurants and sites.  About 9 1/2 hours or so in total including my stops.

Beautiful weather here right now (low 80's) with a nice breeze so I'm about to start walking around. However, I couldn't help but take a few snapshots of the scenery as it changed during the drive and as the view got better and better approaching Santa Fe from the South.  So I'll post several pictures but of course more to come as I spend tonight and all day tomorrow in and around town before heading onward Friday morning.  Also, some taken through the front so if you're lucky, you can actually see the remains of all the bugs that committed suicide on my windshield too!  Hope you enjoy and plenty more to come.  Just getting started .

Can you hear in my voice the HUGE smile on my face right now??!!


Wind Farm - Childress, TX



















After walking around for several hours and getting some shots of town, I stopped at the rooftop restaurant located atop the beautiful La Fonda Hotel.  Here are pictures from around town and then pictures of the amazingly beautiful sunset last night.  Hope you enjoy as much as I did as it was a beautiful evening here.


















































View from top of La Fonda Hotel

View from top of La Fonda Hotel




















No comments:

Post a Comment