Thursday, September 17, 2015

Day 2 - Santa Fe

First of all, let me "shout out" to my new friends (mother and daughter) that I met today at the bar at The Shed.  I really appreciated your insight and conversation we had and I will definitely plan to try and visit Ghost Ranch tomorrow on my way out towards Colorado and Southern Utah. I checked my route and it's actually on my way through Abiquiu so thanks again for all the info you shared! I know you'll be checking my blog so safe travels home to El Paso and Austin.

Also, a shout to my kids (Nick, Elise, and Audrey) as I know you guys are tracking my trip through my blog so know I miss you guys and and love you all.  Will be back home soon.

Day 2 in Santa Fe.  Another absolutely beautiful day here today.  Spent the entire day walking the streets and visiting many of the shops and galleries.  So many artists here showing and sells their works.  Anything from hand woven rugs, blankets, and baskets to sculptures, paintings, and hand-made jewelry.  And so much more.

So of course one of my goals on this trip is to just take as many pictures as possible to add to the memories so I have much more to share.  Many of these are taken in and around the central Plaza in the heart of Old Town Santa Fe and the rest are all just from walking around.

As I mentioned, I ended the day with a wonderful dinner at The Shed.  For any of you "foodies" out there, they are a James Beard Award winning restaurant and are known for their red chile sauce enchiladas!  So of course, that's what I ordered.  I also bought their dry seasoning they sell which you can then mix with sauted onions and a few other ingredients to create your own red sauce (which I plan to do when I get back home).  So get ready kids.  You think you love my chicken enchiladas now, just wait!!

Since The Shed didn't start serving drinks until 4PM local time and dinner until 5PM, I started the evening at the bar with two lovely ladies from Texas.  Won't go into everything here but we had some great conversation and I really appreciated their company and conversation.  They know what I mean and I'm glad we met this evening.  Great mother/daughter team and loved the bond you both share. Thanks again!

So another day has come to an end here in beautiful Santa Fe and unfortunately, I must bid farewell in the morning as I continue my journey West.  However, I can't leave without first heading back downstairs to the local restaurant, The Santa Fe Bite, for their cherry pie!  I had the German Chocolate Cake last night.  It was a tough decision between that or the pie but I went with the cake last night, which was a great choice.  But the table next to me also raved about the pie so tonight, it's the pie.  And I personally cannot think of a better way to top off a wonderful stay in Santa Fe then with some awesome pie.  Can't wait to come back again.

Till next time, here are some memories of my stay in this fine town.














































No comments:

Post a Comment